Black Spots On Goldfish

1. b

brent0000 New Member Member

hello i am new to owning a fresh water tank and this is how i got my new goldfish.. I got Dill the goldfish for my younger nephew, it is a small plain 88 cent goldfish. when i first got him for my nephew i bought him from walmart which i know was a horrible idea to begin with but anyway, he had a black spot on his head and back fin so i had him in a 3 gallon tank with aquarium salt and it the spots went away and i gave Dill back to my nephew and when i went to visit the goldfish he was put into a .5 gallon tank that was half filled and absolutely filthy with debris just floating everywhere you could hardly see the fish! i was furious and took him back so he is now my Dill fish now but he has a gash on his head apparently their cat got to him and he has tiny black dots on the sides of his body. the gash on his head isnt bad but i am worried about the dots. he is in a 40 gallon tank by himself now and i added 4 ick clear water tabs because i read online about black ick disease and it sounded like he had it and i also added aquarium salt but i figure id ask for pointers on how to help him. he is also very scared of humans and keeps spitting some of his food back up and i do want to help him very bad.. you can just barely see them but theyre there.

2. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

Welcome and kudo to you for saving this fish. Can you provide a pic? We'd love to help you out.

3. OP
    OP
    b

brent0000 New Member Member

you can just hardly see the dots but this is the best i could get since he is normally in hiding, (the water is blue from the ick clear tablets)

Attached Files: