Black spots on BP

1. Andrew Sackett Member Member

I just got my BP and he has some black spots on him I pretty sure this is just from stress but I want to make sure it's nothing to worry about (he's a juvenile)

2. Andrew Sackett Member Member

Bag is leaking

So I just got a blood parrot and his bag is leaking, I put him in a bucket there is not enough water for him to swim so I tilted the bucket so u he could, so how do I acclimate him? Just pour half a cup of aquarium water in the bucket every 10 min?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. hopeful fish Well Known Member Member

I would do 1/4 cup every 15. Keep in mind that the water you will be adding will be a different temperature from the bucket, so consider wrapping the bucket in some towels to keep it insulated and minimize temperature swings by taking it slowly. If you have an extra fish bag, use that instead.

4. TKDennison Member Member

About how much water is left from his original bag?

I use this method:

Transfer fish and water into a gallon ziplock bag, wait until the temps equalize and then pour out about half his water and replace a coffee cup at a time every 10 min until the amount is replaced.

Then pour out half and replace using the same method..I do this 4-5 times.

5. Andrew Sackett Member Member

Ops don't mix it up with bristle nose pleco its a bloody parrot sorry

6. Andrew Sackett Member Member

How long should I acclimate him for

7. FiscCyning Member Member

Can you upload a picture? That will help us out since "black spots" could be lots of different things.

8. hopeful fish Well Known Member Member

Acclimate him until the water parameters are equal in the bag/bucket and tank. Use that master test kit to ensure that pH and nitrate are the same. I also usually add a 2-3 drops of Prime in the bag to detox any ammonia during acclimation.

9. Lyfeoffishing Well Known Member Member

I drip acclimate my fish for 1-3 hours depending what I am doing.

10. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Merged threads.

11. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member