Black "soot" in Prime?

Discussion in 'Water Conditioners and Supplements' started by Jahnikar, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Jahnikar

Jahnikar Valued Member Member

I'm concerned that my new bottle of Prime may be bad. When I look down into it, the liquid is clear but there appears to be a black soot-like dust at the bottom of the bottle. Is this normal? I don't remember ever seeing it in past bottles, but then again I don't know that I ever really looked either. It also doesn't have the strong sulfur smell I've come to expect either. It still has a smell but it's not nearly as strong and not sulfur-like. I've looked all over the bottle and can't find anything that resembles an expiration date or lot number. Help?

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Some times the ingredients in prime settles out. Give it a couple of good shakes and it will be fine :)
    carol

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  3. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

I'm with Butterfly.... I've seen the black soot before.... all normal for Prime, a few good shakes, it'll be ok... Too, if you smell sulphur (rotten egg), that's normal too.

4. OP
    OP
    Jahnikar

Whew! I'm glad the soot is normal. But with the smell, it's actually the LACK of sulfer smell that has me worried too. Every bottle I've had before reeked of sulfer but this one doesn't. Is that normal too?

5. brodylane1122

brodylane1122 Well Known Member Member

My new bottle doesn't smell as bad as my old bottle, so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

6. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Not all bottles smell, so yep, you're fine :D

7. OP
    OP
    Jahnikar

And this is why I love this forum. You guys are always so helpful and quick to answer :) Thanks! :;hf

The only downside to finding out my Prime is fine: now I have to find the real culprit behind these mystery deaths. :;sh

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice