Black Skirts Or Colombian Tetras?

Caleb652

I have a 75 gallon tank waiting for fish. I am looking to put a school of about 10 of either of these fish. Which do you reccomend?

Thunder_o_b

BettaLover7

FreshwaterAquarist652 said:
I will try to find them at my LFS. Thanks!
Your welcome!

ParrotCichlid

I prefer Black Skirts, but this is all down to personal preference really.

Thunder_o_b

FreshwaterAquarist652 said:
Is it looks or behavior?
Looks. What about glow light tetras? They are a wonderful fish. We have schools in two of our aquariums.

Or Buenos Aires Tetras? I never had them but have heard they are nice fish.

1. Glow light.

2. Buenos Aires Tetras. Not a great shot. This was taken at a pet store.

Caleb652

That Buenos Aires looks pretty good. I will have to decide which one after I see them in person

jmaldo

Personal preference: Black Skirts they are a "Blast" in my tank. Chasing, playing tag, flashing eachother and of course when they school together it is so "Beautiful"

chromedome52

Buenos Aires are NOT nice. They are mean, nasty, and big females can easily get 4 inches.

I'd go with Colombian Red and Blue.

Adult Black Skirts are not black, they are grey. They also get over 3 inches. They breed at a much smaller size, so people don't realize how big they can actually get if given the space.

ParrotCichlid

chromedome52 said:
Buenos Aires are NOT nice. They are mean, nasty, and big females can easily get 4 inches.

Adult Black Skirts are not black, they are grey. They also get over 3 inches. They breed at a much smaller size, so people don't realize how big they can actually get if given the space.
Indeed if the tank was 30 gallon I would recommend Colombians. But being a 75 gallon tank I think a large shoal of 3" Black Skirts would look great.

Thunder_o_b

chromedome52 said:

Interesting, I will have take that up with the sales person. I never kept them.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom