Black skirt tetra likes gurami

Paicavi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
si just got a dwarf gurami for my tank with the one blak skirt. First I was afraid that he was gonna get nippy as everyone told me he would, but I figured , if he is really a pain I can exchange it for another gurami. Well, turns out that the tetra (same size) thinks she is another tetra and I think he is inloooove. He is doing all sorts of piruetes around her and won't leave her side. It's kind of cute!

2brown347

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It's weird how certain fish go against the usual behavior of their species. I had a albino cory who tried to school with my tetras. At a different time I had a dwarf gourami and a male plakat betta in the same tank (when I was just starting and didn't know better) and they shared a territory that they defended together, very strange.

hopefully the stay friends.

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have a lyre tail guppy that thinks he's a cory. He goes up and down the tank glass right beside the cory. They sleep side be side at night. SO CUTE.

Shine

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
ha ha! For a bit I had a goldfish that was schooling with my corys, he even hid under plants with them... until I rudely moved him from his new friends and put him in with the other (bigger) goldfish ;D

Paicavi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You know, I think this tetra was always alone and the gurami sure looks like him, she is cute too. See? This is why I like this place, just when I thought I had weird fish, you guys come with stories to match mine!!! Here's to weird fish

My only concern is that I might have gotten carried away with the fish. I got 3 guppys, 1 female marble Mollie for my boy and the gurami. I had In my 29g 2 mollies, 2 lemon tetras, the black skirt and the khuli loach that I think I want to put with the betta in the 10g tank.I'll change water tomorrow and check parameters

Last edited:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom