Black Shark?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Sharks' started by Akari_32, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Anyone ever heard of these? I saw some at the pet store the other day, but of course, no body could tell me about them. I tried to compared them to the rainbow and redtailed sharks at the store, but the tanks were too far away really help me much lol

So anyways, I remembered just now, and googled them. It brought up LiveAquaria.

Anyone have anything to add?

2. AlexAlexWell Known MemberMember

These Sharks truly should not be in any community tank. They will reach a length up to about 30" (2.5 Feet). IF so, a 300 Gallon+ would be advisable with ONLY one in it. These sharks are very active, aggressive and will fight with nearly any other kind of fish.

Inside Info: They're actually a Catfish.

3. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

4. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Not ID sharks LOL

5. Tigress HillWell Known MemberMember

Oh yea... :;smack

6. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

:giggle:

From what I can tell, they are just larger brattier rainbows. Am I correct there?

7. CichlidnutFishlore VIPMember

What the heck would you put it in?!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  8. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Nothing of mine! I was just curious lol

9. AvaValued MemberMember

Water.

10. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

I was thinking more along the lines of Jell-o :;laughing

11. AvaValued MemberMember

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Just trying to picture a fish swimming in Jell-o.... :;laughing That's hours of entertainment right there!

12. psalm18.2Fishlore LegendMember

So why the heck would a common LFS sell them? Stupid!

13. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

Bala
    Redtail catfish(not shark)
    Giant gourami
    Arowana
    Mekong

Need i say more? They are pretty and they have a cool name :p

14. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

Not to mention common plecos. Goldfish and most of the more cichlids could really be added to the list as well.

15. soltarianknightFishlore VIPMember

meh, i was keeping it 2'+ I meant to add Common Plecs though, your right. There are some other species like Knifes and such that could be mentioned as well. There is a Fish store in New York called "The fish place" where they keep roughly 3-400 species at any given time in appropriately sized tanks and everything. I have been, it is AMAZING. Well, they have a wall tank, that is, an entire wall turned into a massive fish tank that i can only assume is about 3-5k gallons. That is where they keep all the monsters that they get as rehomes. I saw all the fish i listed in it(minus the mekong) and 2 knifes that were ridiculously huge.

16. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

My lfs also sells shovelnose cats, and red tailed/shovelnosed hybrids.

17. AvaValued MemberMember

:shock: Boggles the mind, doesn't it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice