Black Scales On Betta?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by FaithG, Apr 23, 2018.

1. FaithGNew MemberMember

I have a female crown tail Betta and I've never really known whether her black scales were a problem or if it's just the way she looks. Right as of this moment, Rosie is egg bound (getting a male Betta within the week to entice her alittle). In the pictures she is in a temporary tank, while her new one is arriving.

Attached Files:

2. AlbifronsWell Known MemberMember

I'd say the scales are just her coloring, my betta is more than half black, and there's nothing wrong with him. However if she does start to show signs of sickness do consult us immediately if you don't know what to do!

3. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

The colouring I would not be too worried about, the wicked bloat I would be.

4. FaithGNew MemberMember

Thank you, she's the first female Betta I've had so I just wanted to make sure she was alright

5. FaithGNew MemberMember

Yeah I'm actually about to go get a male, she's pretty young and I'm pretty sure it's her first egg thingy and she's now egg bound so I'm hoping a male will help her pass things along, I've also gaven her part of a pea just in case it's my fault and it didn't help

6. AlbifronsWell Known MemberMember

Yes the scales are fine, but like Nighthawk said above, her bloated stomach is not a good thing, and I would address that as quickly as possible.

7. FaithGNew MemberMember

Her bloating has gotten better so I'm pretty sure this whole male tank next to hers thing is gonna work!