Black Rose Neocaridina Culls Are Blue Question

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by MaximumRide14, Aug 13, 2019.

1. MaximumRide14

MaximumRide14Well Known MemberMember

Hey guys! So I know black rose shrimp were originally bred from the dark blue strain, and that explains why some of my culls are blue. However, I also have a tank of Fantasy Blue Dream shrimp. They look quite similar, so I was wondering if it would be okay to move the culls into the blue colony? They would blend in fine, but I'm concerned that they'll mess up the genetic strains in the future. I could feed them to my cichlids or sell them as culls for a cheaper price but I wanted to see if this was another opportunity.
    Thanks.

2. richie.p

richie.pFishlore VIPMember

If you put the cull in a tank of their own they should give you carbon rilli, the fantasy blue/ blue dream take a different line and could mess up the strain . Genetics are hard to call at the best of time and supposedly worse with fantasy blue, again its wether you have the tanks but ide be tempted to put a few of each in and and see what highbreds you get, your culls should sell well as they are they are to good as food,

3. OP
    OP
    MaximumRide14

MaximumRide14Well Known MemberMember

Lol I'm running out of tank space! One of my 5.5 gallons is full of cyano that even the hydrogen peroxide can't fix. As soon as I can finally get rid of it (I'm considering using other chemicals if I can find any) then I plan on finding another place for my betta and moving some culls into that tank. If this doesn't happen in time then I'll sell them as culls. Thanks!