65 Gallon Tank Black Oranda Goldfish

AntuyON

Hello everyone,

I am starting this thread to see if someone could help me to understand more about goldfish colouring?

here is the thing. i am planning to buy an expensive Oranda Online. its full black but currently i have an "apache" oranda that its turning its black color to a orange color, its wen started being full black when i bought it and has turn full orange within 2 weeks. also its body, leaving only its fins black which i think it will turn orange too.

my question is: its there a gen related black oranda that stays black during its lifetime? or every black goldfish end up changing its color? if that's the case i would rather buying goldfish in my local store if they will end up turning orange, i am buying online because currently my local fish store don't have any pure black Oranda and the apache they sold me is chaging color.

i am buying it from CoastGem USA and they have pretty much a lot of black goldfish but their aging are around 6 months so i dont know if they are "fake" blacks or real blacks (if it really exist).

Thank you.

jtjgg

black in goldfish is very unstable.

you'd have to look at the parentage, even if they come from a line of show quality black oranda, its still no guarantee.

also, same with Black Moors, some can stay black its entire life. some turn orange after a few years.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Kay438
Replies
Views
TheeLadyG
  • Question
Replies
Views
EmeraldGriffin