Black Moor

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by nellino, Apr 12, 2017.

1. n

nellino New Member Member

hi,

I have had a common goldfish and a black moor for over 9 months now. They both look fine to me, except for the fact that after every meal my black moor start gasping at the Surface for a while. I just don't get it. I only feed them with pellets or peas..zucchini...and they are used to finding their food at the bottom of the tank. I just don't understand this weird behaviour out of the blue.

I have also noticed that the common goldfish has recently started bullying the black moor during their meals by pushing him upwards in order to hog all the food even though he's clearly full .

Any clue about what ' s going on?

2. Danjamesdixon

Danjamesdixon Well Known Member Member

Hello!

Is your tank Cycled?
    How big is it?

I've read a lot of instances where larger Goldfish will bully the smaller, Fancy types. It's unlikely the aggression will stop. Is your Common going into a Pond at any point?

3. VioletSS

VioletSS Valued Member Member

What if you tried feeding flakes and sinking pellets at the same time - they might go in opposite directions, giving each an opportunity to eat.

4. BottomDweller

BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

This is one of the reasons why it's not recommended to keep singletails with fancies.

How big is the tank?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice