Black Moor Injury

Discussion in 'Goldfish' started by benandjerry, Apr 23, 2018.

1. benandjerry

benandjerryNew MemberMember

Help!! Our black moor swam into the filter yesterday morning. He’s still alive but if I can’t figure out how to get him to eat then he won’t be for long. His eyes are all cloudy so I don’t think he can see and his mouth is falling apart so bad I don’t even know if it’s physically possible for him to eat. What can I do?!

Attached Files:

2. DutchAquarium

DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

the mouth looks pretty beat up. When you say the mouth is falling apart, how bad is that exactly. I would treat with a fungal medication right now or add indian almond leaves in the aquarium to avoid any diseases. Euthanization might be needed in which, Clove oil is painless and very effective if needed

3. OP
    OP
    benandjerry

Like the part that’s he’s opening and closing is translucent.

4. sylvie

sylvieNew MemberMember

I had the exact same thing happen to my black moor. She lost am eye but her quality of life is good. Hold out hope for your baby. I used melafix and aquarium salt to heal her. 20180325_211335.jpg

5. Goldiemom

GoldiemomWell Known MemberMember

Poor baby! I used a combo fungal and bacterial med when my moor got cloudy eyes. It cleared up.

6. OP
    OP
    benandjerry

Update: I went and got clove oil after work, but he looks a lot better. One of his eyes is clearer and his mouth has an opening now. It’s still translucent, but I’m now wondering if it’s possible for him to eat. When my boyfriend fed them, he swam to the food but didn’t eat any, so I know he knew it was there. It’s possible that the other fish ate it before he could or wanted to. Any ideas of how I can proceed from here? I hate to put him down when he’s so active.