black moor/disease unknown

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by worried1, Dec 9, 2012.

1. w

worried1 New Member Member

i have two black moor fish and they have started to get long furry white things growing from their body!!
    i am unsure of what this disease is and would be grateful for some answers??
    i was told in the pet shop it may be cotton wool disease and was advised to do a half water tank change and use fin rot and fungus control!!
    the best way to describe what it looks like is as white/gray spikes coming from mostly the back end tail area of my fish!!

2. fishynoob

fishynoob Well Known Member Member

Do you have any photos?

3. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore.

A picture would be very helpful, but it does found like a fungus of some sort.

If you could fill out your aquarium info, too, that would be great. You can do that by clicking on My Profile at the top of the page, and then clicking on the "About Me" tab :)

4. OP
    OP
    w

i have added 2 photos of my fish!! if you can see clearly enough its like a white stringy fungal coming from out of the gills!! thanks!" download.jpg download (1).jpg

5. Akari_32

Look like anchor worm, actually.

Does that picture look the same as your guys?

6. OP
    OP
    w

yes this picture looks exactly the same!!
    what do i need to do or buy to get rid of this??
    asked in local pet shop but they didn,t seem to have a clue.
    the smallest one is on its last legs and keeps floating to the top on its side!! need to do something asap!!
    thanks!!

7. Akari_32

I honestly dont know. A quick google search should do it, though

8. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice