Black Molly Sick Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by callista83, Apr 18, 2018.

1. callista83

callista83 New Member Member

Hi guys, hope someone can help. My black molly has been sick for weeks and she's getting worse. She started off with white spots that didn't quite look like ich. We put her in quarantine her spots turned more into patches. First we tried an all in one medication (for parasites, viral, fungal and bacterial infections) and then an ich treatment just in case but nothing has helped.

It's really hard to get a picture because tank doesn't have a light and she hides in shadows. Now she is sitting on bottom of tank and only moves to get a little food.

Attached Files:

2. Pictusboss

Pictusboss Valued Member Member

Try aquarium salt and raising the temperature. Ich takes different shapes, patches, spots, speckles...

3. OP
    OP
    callista83

callista83 New Member Member

I can't raise the temp because we accidentally bought a heater that doesn't adjust. I have a SAD lamp directed at it but that's the best I can do. We do use aquarium salt, hasn't made a difference unfortunately. Thanks though.

4. PatientStars

PatientStars Valued Member Member

Try NoxIch, I've heard good things about it. Also, if you think it's a fungus rather than a parasite, Maracyn and Maracyn II can be used together. They did the trick for a nasty case of velvet my mollies had.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice