Black Molly Or Black Guppy?

MossBall

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I want to add one fish to my 10g shrimp and craw tank in a few weeks. My substrate is black with blue pebbles. My plants are almost all green with some with blue accents and one solid blue. My wall(background) is purple. I was thinking of getting one black fish to accent the plants and (match) the substrate. Which one of these will:
1. Do better by itself.
2. Do better in 100% freshwater.
3. Do better in a 10g.
4. Will make the shrimp feel more safe.
5. Do better without a heater.
6. Do better in 7.5-8.5 PH.
7. Do better in ultra hard water.
P.S. Could I get one of each?

AWheeler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I second what Anders said. Guppies are okay in 10 gal tanks. Mollies need way more room

MossBall

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Just wanted to give you all an update. I found someone on aquabid who had true black guppies. So I bout a trio. Wasnt planning on getting more than one but I really liked them. From the pictures and videos they look actaully black not dark blue or dark green! I will post a picture when I get them. They are now individually and as a group the most expencive thing I plan to stock this tank with. So I hope they do well in the tank. This is planning to be a $185 stocked tank! So much for keeping it simple and low budget. Lol.

MossBall

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
@Arades I honestly wasn't planning to have a heater. One came with the kit, so I might actually decide to heat it now that I just bought $17 guppies and plan to buy $7 snowball shrimp and 2 $23 dwarf crayfish. Lol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom