Black Molly going gray

Discussion in 'Molly' started by Paicavi, Mar 23, 2010.

1. P

Paicavi Valued Member Member

:;fr hi guys, I'm sad to tell you that my Merle Molly passed but happy to say that I found 6 fry buried in the rocks. They are in a separate tank now. My question for you today is... My black female molly that I've had for a month now and that was flowrishing seems to be going gray from the gills back. Now, I know she is not that old and all my readings are ok in my 10 gallon tank. No bubbly Ich but I have no experience with it. Everything else I'm afraid I've seen. Help anyone?

2. Jake the Fish

Jake the Fish Valued Member Member

Your Molly may be going through a brief period where they turn 'dalmation'. I am not 100% sure because I have no experience with mollies. I hope you find your answer.

Also, wait and see what other members have to say.

Jake

3. Jrobber

Jrobber Well Known Member Member

That's interesting because I have a black mollie who is also changing colors. He also has ICK though so I just left he was sick. SUre you don't see any white spots?

4. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

when fish go through the cycle process, getting ich, or other issues, they will change colors according to stress levels and what their scales are exposed to... A week or two of small parital water changes with some stress coat , should help them clear up (not ich but the gray coloring )

5. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

How many partial water changes to help with the gray coloring in my hair???

6. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

one day in my chair at my salon ;) wahlaaa poof grey be gone!:;nw

7. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

But I thought as fish owners we were against dye!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice