Black Molly going gray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paicavi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
hi guys, I'm sad to tell you that my Merle Molly passed but happy to say that I found 6 fry buried in the rocks. They are in a separate tank now. My question for you today is... My black female molly that I've had for a month now and that was flowrishing seems to be going gray from the gills back. Now, I know she is not that old and all my readings are ok in my 10 gallon tank. No bubbly Ich but I have no experience with it. Everything else I'm afraid I've seen. Help anyone?

Jake the Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Your Molly may be going through a brief period where they turn 'dalmation'. I am not 100% sure because I have no experience with mollies. I hope you find your answer.

Also, wait and see what other members have to say.

Jake

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That's interesting because I have a black mollie who is also changing colors. He also has ICK though so I just left he was sick. SUre you don't see any white spots?

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
when fish go through the cycle process, getting ich, or other issues, they will change colors according to stress levels and what their scales are exposed to... A week or two of small parital water changes with some stress coat , should help them clear up (not ich but the gray coloring )

jdhef

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
But I thought as fish owners we were against dye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom