Black Molly Bloated?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by TXMatt, Dec 29, 2012.

1. T

TXMatt New Member Member

Hello everyone again,

Yesterday, I thought my Black Molly was pregnant. After reading on the forum, I am now concerned. She is very large, and her scales are fanning out. I think her eyes are bulging out a little bit too. She had ich a few weeks ago, but I treated the water and it cleared up. None of the other fish are experiencing any symptoms, and she was the only one showing obvious signs of ich. She eats well, she swims normally, hangs out near the bottom sometimes, others hangs out near the top. My water conditions are as follows-

Nitrates 20 ppm
    Nitrites 0 ppm
    Chlorine ppm
    Ph 7.8

I don't have an ammonia tester, but none of the fish are showing any signs of ammonia presence.

One of my other mollies swims around the one in question very flamboyantly, swaying a lot and keeping other fish away from her.

P.s. I posted this in another topic but haven't gotten much response. Here is a picture of her.

[​IMG]

2. Gordinian

Gordinian Well Known Member Member

Do you think you could post a clearer picture?

It looks like she might still have ich, but it's hard to tell.

3. OP
    OP
    T

TXMatt New Member Member

I can try and take a better picture later this morning, but the ich is gone, I think what you're seeing is air bubbles or something. I have quarantined her to a 2 gallon QT for the time being where I will be doing daily water changes. Today her condition has not worsened, in fact it seems to be a little better, but not much. She seems happy aside from her appearance. We will see what happens tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice