Black molly attacked?

Mizzcharmz

Trying to determine what happened to my black molly. I have 2 platys (both very friendly, ive never seen them nip at each other) I have 1 platy boy and a girl. Then 2 female mollies. The black molly has always been sorta to herself but the dalmation Molly I have seen nipping others and chasing others. Yes, she is female. Big square rounded analfin so I'm sure. Now I have 4 ghost shrimp. They have never shown aggression either. But yesterday I did my first frozen bloodworms feed and EVERYONRE WENT CRAZY.

I should have distributed it much more around, I was unaware it would float to the bottom (I will have to get a feeder or something) so I did see a little fighting at the bottom between the black Molly and a ghost shrimp but it was very short and she swam away unharmed.

A little bit later, maybe an hour, I returned to the tank and found that the black Molly had a mark on her side.... I'm puzzled cuz I don't know who did it. Does this look serious? Should I separate her? How do I figure out the attacker. I doubt its the platys. I suspect either ghost shrimp or the dalmation since I have seen her mess with others before, just not to this level. Any advice would help.

Attachments

• received_312500469727782.jpeg
    received_312500469727782.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 50
  • received_3507357359338373.jpeg
    received_3507357359338373.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 52
  • received_901316350281960.jpeg
    received_901316350281960.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 51

Deku-Cory

She likely accidentally got pinched during the bloodworm frenzy, or scraped herself on some decor. It likely wasn't on purpose, the species in your tank aren't aggressive, and if you did see aggression it would more likely have been fin nipping.

Mizzcharmz

She likely accidentally got pinched during the bloodworm frenzy, or scraped herself on some decor. It likely wasn't on purpose, the species in your tank aren't aggressive, and if you did see aggression it would more likely have been fin nipping.
Yeah that's all I have seen and only from the dalmation Molly... Some playful chasing and nipping

Similar Aquarium Threads

• CatLover2000
  • Molly
Replies
Views
emeraldking
Replies
Views
jtjgg
  • Question
  • Caterpie
  • Molly