Black Mollies

1. AlphaOmega Initiate Member

Question: How can i tell if they're pregnant or not??! in hindsight, i shouldn't have bought BLACK livebearers lol!

It's impossible to tell if they're pregnant or fat!

I suppose though, them being mollies with a male in the tank would suggest they are pregnant, they are mollies after all!

HELP!!!

2. fletch Member Member

If you have a male and a female compare them. If the male is slim and the feamle fat then shes probably pregnant. I dont have mollies but my mates mollies are really fat and pregnant

3. swimbunny Initiate Member

more than likely, they're pregnant! ::)! i had a tankfull of black ones, and i ended up with several more! anyways, i think i found a way to not end up with multiplying mollies, and platties. switch the tank light out and replace it with a blacklight ( yes, a BLACKLIGHT!) and leave it on 24/7. doesn't seem to hurt the fish, and when you do want a light on them, turn a lamp on or something, but don't leave it on for more than a few hours. let the blacklight be their light, and you have to leave it on all the time, cuz i think the fish spawn in the dark. i know this s ounds crazy, but the blacklight works! good luck!

4. fishfreak Member Member

Cool ill have to try that some time!