Black Kuhli Loach White Snout

OceanicWhitetipShark

Hello. My black kuhli loach, Broach, has a white snout that either means disease or injury. His snout seems to be almost "chopped off" with white replacing it. Out of all my kuhlis, he's the most energetic and seems to run into walls a lot--so it could be that. However, it could also be a disease. Do any of you know what is going on, and how should I heal/fix him? I've put him in a small "betta" cup for quarantine, just in case it's a disease.

Things I've noticed:
1. He is acting normal except the fact that for a couple weeks now, he and the rest of the kuhlis have been hiding all day when they used to be in the open quite frequently (this sort of happened shortly after his arrival, as I got him last--so, their shy nature could be because of him).
2. All kuhli loaches seem healthy (except his white nose) and are eating.
3. I only recently noticed his white nose (he was fine a week or so ago, the last I saw him).
4. My other loach, Roach, had a similar white spot on her snout that eventually healed and went away. However, hers was not as bad as his.

Tank information:
Fish: one betta fish (who is healthy, eating and active), five kuhli loaches, one red racer nerite snail.
Size: Ten gallon.
Temperature: 76 degrees Fahrenheit.
Water change + decor cleaning: 50% once every two weeks. I assume that's probably too long to wait, so I'll do 50% once a week now.
Tank "treatment": Seachem Prime and Api Stress Coat + is added every water change.
Tank Testing:
Ammonia: 0.0 ppm.
pH: 7.6 (low range), either 7.8 or 8.0 (high range).
Nitrates: 5.0 ppm.
Nitrites: 0.0 ppm.
Water: natural well water, so no chlorine but possibly high contents of iron, rust and other such metals.

P.S. The "fuzzy" stuff in the picture is the remnants of moss I bought and not mold/fungus or anything (I'm cleaning the tank, so everything is everywhere). However, black beard algae tends to grow in my tank and so does something else (I posted a thread about it a while back), that could be a fungus.

Any help would be appreciated!
I forgot to add that, to my knowledge, my betta fish is non-aggression and seems to "like" the kuhlis. Also, they are not aggressive either, so I doubt he got injured by other fish.
Also, I have a sponge filter, if that helps.

Attachments

• 20210626_131556.jpg
    20210626_131556.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 20210626_111439.jpg
    20210626_111439.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210626_111449.jpg
    20210626_111449.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 24

Fishfriendof315

Its definitely a wound. Throw some aloe an aquarium salt into the quarantine. Itll heal up nice!! The bottle of sunburn aloe is fine just not the one with lidocaine

Upvote 0

OceanicWhitetipShark

Its definitely a wound. Throw some aloe an aquarium salt into the quarantine. Itll heal up nice!! The bottle of sunburn aloe is fine just not the one with lidocaine
Thank you for the reply!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
EncroachingLoach
  • Question
5 Gallon Tank Kuhli loach problem
Replies
Views
bermese2002
Replies