Black Ghost Knifefish Feeding

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Heya all,
I have recently aquired an adult black ghost knifefish and I was just wondering what it needs to be fed (as all fish need a varied diet) and how much it needs.

At the moment ive been feeding it bloodworms and brine shrimo and as there are a couple of bottom feeders in the tank, shrimp pellets and vege pellets.

How much of these should I be feeding him and what else can I do?

Cheers

DeanEllenFins

Valued Member
Reaction score
We fed ours live ghost shrimp when it was little. As it grew past 4 inches or so she got small pieces of raw frozen shrimp, scallops,clams, squids, octopus, mussels and various raw fish. You know what she also would steal? Pleco wafers! We feed a very varied diet here but you have to start trying early.
I hope you enjoy him/her!

OP
ivebeenturnedintoafish
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thanks
We fed ours live ghost shrimp when it was little. As it grew past 4 inches or so she got small pieces of raw frozen shrimp, scallops,clams, squids, octopus, mussels and various raw fish. You know what she also would steal? Pleco wafers! We feed a very varied diet here but you have to start trying early.
I hope you enjoy him/her!
Thanks! He's going to be better fed than me at this rate . I'll definatly give all of those a try.

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Weekly

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 14 17.9%

Top Bottom