Black ghost knife questions

gandalf1420

So I saw this fish like 10 years ago when my dad took me to the pet store, and me, being 5, wanted it. My dad checked the max size and promptly told me off (we had a 36 bow front then, that was it).
My question now is would a 75 gallon be a big enough tank for one of these fish?

magnusjones

gandalf1420 said:
So I saw this fish like 10 years ago when my dad took me to the pet store, and me, being 5, wanted it. My dad checked the max size and promptly told me off (we had a 36 bow front then, that was it).
My question now is would a 75 gallon be a big enough tank for one of these fish?
No, in short term it would be fine but they get much too large for a 75. I have a 3" one in my 55 currently(he's my profile pic) but am giving him away as soon as he gets over 8".

gandalf1420

How long before he gets too big?

aussieJJDude

gandalf1420 said:
How long before he gets too big?
From friends that are currently keeping one, they got it at around 2 inches or so, and over the course of a year grew around 6 inches. (Currently its around 8.)

So you may only have a year or two before he gets too big. I personally think, if you are unable to provide for the animal for its entire duration, you should not get the animal. So I would suggest against one until you have an appropriately sized aquarium.

gandalf1420

Ok, fair enough. Thanks!

Top Bottom