Black Ghost Knife Fish Compatibility

Rick bose

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Can a 6-7 inch sized black ghost knife fish be kept with a school of grown up zebra danios of more than 1 inch size. They are between 1 and 1.5 inch. Some are 1.5 inch.
The tank size is 30g but the knife fish will be kept here for maybe 1 year more until he grows 12 inch size. Then it will be shifted to a much bigger tank.
I already have the kinfe fish..now can I add school of zebra danios in the tank from my friend's tank?
Will the black ghost knife fish prey on them and eat them or cause any harm to them?
Zebra danios are pretty fast for a BGK to catch. But I am sure that they sleep or rest at night and that's when thr BGK comes out to hunt.

Rick bose

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Theyd be food, sorry :/
I incorrectly wrote the size of my black ghost knife fish to be a little big before than it is actually.
I edited and corrected the post. The BGK is 6-7 inch.
Now if I get zebra danios that are at least 1.5 inch long could still be they eaten by a 6-7 inch long black ghost knife fish. I can ensure that the zebrs danios are minimum 1.5 inch long. Now?

MissNoodle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I incorrectly wrote the size of my black ghost knife fish to be a little big before than it is actually.
I edited and corrected the post. The BGK is 6-7 inch.
Now if I get zebra danios that are at least 1.5 inch long could still be they eaten by a 6-7 inch long black ghost knife fish. I can ensure that the zebrs danios are minimum 1.5 inch long. Now?
Unfortunately yes they would likely still be eaten. What i would do is move him to his larger home before he reaches 12" to avoid stunting, and then get the danios. Its not worth it, best not risk it

Kaylmary

Reaction score
I have a bgk and he was sucking the eyes out of my other fish when he was only 3-4 inches long your other fish can’t see at night but The bgk can mine is around 9-10 inches now and I keep him strictly by his self and he seems to love it

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom