Black Friday 2020

CHJ

Start saving your pennies we are only a few months away!
Petsmart tends to run a 50% off sale on major items like FX6 filters. Last year they had almost sold out at ~11-Noon. so maybe get there earlier this year.
Petco sales have not been as nice but there should still be deals.

I hope to pick up more FX6s and maybe a huge tank if they have one.
What is on your list this year?

aquachris

Such terrible controversial content posted here... Talking about certain times of year WAY too early. I'm not read for it to be coming already!!!

LOL...

Seriously I haven't thought about it... never really paid attention to it for the big pet box stores... I'm sure I an find something I "must" have

FishGirl115

Lol. My parents would kill me if I got anything more fish related. I'm currently setting up a 29 gallon and all I hear from my family on the subject is "your fish tanks stink" "why do you need another tank?" "Aren't you broke yet?" "Those stupid fish cost you so much money" :inpain::hungover_Oead:

Dennis57

Last year I picked up 3 FX6 filters. This year, HMMM maybe a 150

Leeman75

FishGirl115 said:
Lol. My parents would kill me if I got anything more fish related. I'm currently setting up a 29 gallon and all I hear from my family on the subject is "your fish tanks stink" "why do you need another tank?" "Aren't you broke yet?" "Those stupid fish cost you so much money" :inpain::hungover_Oead:
I'm not allowed to get any more tanks. We have 8 in the house (5 are mine, 3 belong to kids). I do get the comments too. My family also gets how much joy it brings to me. I hope your family does as well.

FishGirl115

Leeman75 said:
I'm not allowed to get any more tanks. We have 8 in the house (5 are mine, 3 belong to kids). I do get the comments too. My family also gets how much joy it brings to me. I hope your family does as well.
Thanks. Ya, I only have 3

AquaBaby

SaltwaterAquarium.com is doing Thanksgiving giveaways again this year. Giving away 31 free tanks on Facebook as well as doing a few other things.

Link to page.

Awaken_Riceball_

I am waiting for Fluval 407 to go on Black Friday sale so I can add another canister filter to the 90G. Black Friday is my favorite time of the year, I'm out shopping by 5:00 A.M. and do not return until around 9:00 P.M. I will miss the crowd this year

AquaBaby

Buce Plant is doing giveaways

JayAlva

Uncle Sam's have their discus 50% off right now. Maybe closer to black friday they also have some deals.

AquaBaby

Live Aquaria has "Savings in November" going on.

Savings in November at LiveAquaria®

closerhornet6

Thanks for the info, as a new person who doesnt have a local store these are really helpful. Being new to the hobby, are there more deals that will come as black friday comes nearer? Looking to get some plants and shrimp so I'll be on the look out for those, might even see about a new bigger tank and combine my 2 into one, or just keep running all 3.

AquaBaby

Dustins fishtanks early black Friday should be starting in about a day

Petsmart early Black Friday

Aquacave Black Friday

E.TNBuckeye

Does anyone know if the FX6s will be 50% off again this year? Is that about $180?

TIA

AquaBaby

E.TNBuckeye

It's Black Friday kids. $174.99 at Petsmart.

86 ssinit

All that?? Wow!!!

Dennis57

So you got 2-FX6 filters a tank and stand and 2 pieces of drift wood for $174.99???
Did this go out the back door?

E.TNBuckeye

No, sorry FX6 $174 apiece. I got the drift wood out of the Tennessee River here in Knoxville. Stand and tank are over a year old. I'm doing a reboot and was waiting for this day.

CHJ

E.TNBuckeye said:

It's Black Friday kids. $174.99 at Petsmart.
Did they not notice the FX6s in the bottom?
I just picked up 2 of them for something like 360? 380? at petsmart.
Is that a 75?

And for those who want FXs go sooner rather than later we were there at 7AM when they opened and grabbed 2 of the 3 FX6s on the floor and a dude grabbed the 3rd. There may have been more in back but I didn't need to punish my wallet more than I did.

EDIT: NM I see your clarification.

E.TNBuckeye

The tank is a 225.

jake37

co2art has 30% off on entire store. They are mostly known for their co2 regulators.

86 ssinit

174 for an fx6 is a deal!!! I don’t need one but I am debating getting one.

Dennis57

86 ssinit said:
174 for an fx6 is a deal!!! I don’t need one but I am debating getting one.
I agree I bought 2 last year on black friday and I paid 225.00

CHJ

Well final damage
2 FX 6s. Petsmart
LFS:
3 starlight plecos. I already have many but I suspect they are all male.
3 green lasers.
6 orange lasers.
3 new long fin albino BNs including one that has the morph we want to breed for (black circle on head). Hopefully it is not female as our current one is.
The L397s were more expensive even with the sale (200$) than they are online, so no new variety of plecos. I considered some flashs but my heart was set on the L397s.

Yeah at 174$ it is better to have an FX6 and not need it, than to need one and not have it.

E.TNBuckeye said:
The tank is a 225.
Beefy!

jake37

Who was selling orange laser on sale ?

CHJ

jake37 said:
Who was selling orange laser on sale ?
My LFS ( Tamed Waters in MN). Apparently he mailed all but the last 3 greens out this week. There were still several oranges left. On sale I think they ended up at 20$ each if you buy 6.
I think someone else bought all the 40$ henckels discus while I was there. Never much likes henckels myself.
The sales were not as amazing as in previous years but they were still deals to be found.

StarGirl

Petsmart has 75g on a stand for 250.00 Not a super steal but dang!!!! I like the grey stand one.

jake37

Dang. I really need to move to a better city with a decent fish store. I knew i should have moved back to boulder or maybe portland. We ain't got any stuff here.

CHJ said:
My LFS ( Tamed Waters in MN). Apparently he mailed all but the last 3 greens out this week. There were still several oranges left. On sale I think they ended up at 20$ each if you buy 6.
I think someone else bought all the 40$ henckels discus while I was there. Never much likes henckels myself.
The sales were not as amazing as in previous years but they were still deals to be found.

CHJ

I believe he ships though in this weather I'm not sure how that works. on his end he drives to the airport.

Also for aquarium temp control Amazon has Inkbirds for 20% off.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom