Black Dots On Mystery Snail?

FishParent87

Reaction score
20180516_115958.jpg
20180516_115950.jpg
Hello all. I had changed filter brands to aquaclear a few days ago since my other one quit working. It's a 20 gallon tank and the filter is for 10-30 gallon tanks. I have it set to filter 100% speed.

Yesterday, i noticed my red mystery snail and black mystery snail on the part that goes into tank to suck water/**** out of the tank and into the filter. The black one was sucked in pretty bad, and when I got him detached, he may have been injured.

The red one came detached on it's own when I lightly tapped the filter. But now today I noticed about 10 little black lines/dots on the red one. I can't see them anywhere else in my tank. (Pic included)
What are they? Are they harmful to the snail (s) and/or fish?

I currently have the black, red, and a blue mystery snail. Plus 8 lemon tetra in the 20 gallon tank.

Bruno

Reaction score
to be honest to me it looks likes feces. Can/has it fallen off at all? or is it solid and stuck onto the snail?

FishParent87

Reaction score
Bruno said:
to be honest to me it looks likes feces. Can/has it fallen off at all? or is it solid and stuck onto the snail?
It hasn't fallen off or moved at all. I haven't tried to move the snail yet.

Bruno

Reaction score
ok, you should probably try and "brush" it off the snail to see if its a growth, or just stuck onto it naturally.

Ms rose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Curious to know if they fell off, they look like 3d spots not flat? Very cu4rious to know what happened

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom