Black Dots On My Albino Glo Shark

Splushi
I have an albino glo shark who's been around for nearly 2 years now (adoption day coming up!)
He is very a lively, sweet and active fish, he will nibble on my hands when I stick them in to rearrange things or feed him and his tank mates. I mostly feed them blood worms or other standing water larvae I find outside. Tank temp is 85° to prevent any fungal infections from growing.

Recently I noticed on the right side of my shark on his abdomen he has acquired two little black dots that seem to be under the scales as they aren't a dark black and more of a faded grey and crate no protrusions. He isn't acting any different so far, still eating and acting normal. But I am concerned that these dots could be the start of something bad. If anybody can identify that would be great as googling has turned up nothing for me. Thanks so much in advance, the following are the rest of my tank perameters as I know them.

Other occupants are as follows,
One black tetra
One danio (rescued from a neglectful owner, lived on a fishbowl)
One striped catfish (also rescued from the fishbowl, danio ate off all his fins, they are slowly growing back with treatments of stress coat, his name is Nubs)

Tank size: around 25 gallons

Atmospheric temp: 85° f

Amonia/nitrates/nitrites perameters: normal

Water: a little on the hard side

Algae status: intense. It's everywhere

Current cycle age: approx 3 years

Previous infections fungal/bacterial/parasitic: never in this tank, even in previous cycles

Advertisement
Aqua 59
Can you post some pictures?

Advertisement
Sarah73
A glo shark?

Splushi
Can you post some pictures?

I was afraid he wouldn't be awake so early in the morning, but he was! Here are some pics.
IMG_2858.JPG
IMG_2859.JPG
IMG_2860.JPG

See how in this last pic they get a bit lighter as he turns his body? They seem to be under his scales but very very shallowly.

Sarah73
What are you feeding?

Splushi
What are you feeding?
Live and frozen worms, as well as the occasional cucumber and tomato slice

Advertisement
Sarah73
Live and frozen worms, as well as the occasional cucumber and tomato slice
Try him on some brine shrimp. If that doesn't beef him up soon that means he has an intestinal parasite.

Splushi
Try him on some brine shrimp. If that doesn't beef him up soon that means he has an intestinal parasite.
How beefy should he be? He's been slowly growing over the years I've had him, he certainly hasn't lost any weight. I don't have any place to house brine shrimp at the moment due to their salt water needs, are there any other frozen foods or such I could buy that would be good for him? Should I find some parasite medications?

Sarah73
How beefy should he be? He's been slowly growing over the years I've had him, he certainly hasn't lost any weight. I don't have any place to house brine shrimp at the moment due to their salt water needs, are there any other frozen foods or such I could buy that would be good for him? Should I find some parasite medications?
Can't you put brine shrimp in the freezer? It doesn't have to be alive. He looks average. Beef fish have a little more weight and body buff.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Momgoose56
Replies
Views
YellowFish13
Replies
Views
JesseMoreira06
Replies
Views