Black Colored Prime??

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Maintenance' started by jennlovie, Apr 21, 2018.

1. jennlovie

jennlovieNew MemberMember

has anyone ever seen seachem prime be a black color? i opened a new bottle and it almost looks like it has carbon in it? should i throw it out or is it safe to use?

2. JLeeM

JLeeMWell Known MemberMember

What in the world have you found? I've never heard that before. It's always been clear when I use it.

3. Swampgorilla

SwampgorillaValued MemberMember

WOW! I have used a lot of PRIME in my time but I've never seen black PRIME!!

Don't know how that happened but I wouldn't use it until I found out!!

4. Lorekeeper

LorekeeperWell Known MemberMember

Are you sure you didn't accidentally pick up Flourish? Flourish has always been a black color.

If it really is prime, I'd return it...

5. Swampgorilla

Yeah - some mixup and this is FLOURISH is the only logical explanation I can think of.

6. JLeeM

JLeeMWell Known MemberMember

Wonder if the manufacturer goofed and put a Prime label on a bottle of Flourish?

7. Lorekeeper

LorekeeperWell Known MemberMember

One way to tell if it's Prime or not, is if it smells like sulfur. If it does, it's prime, and return it.

If it smells a little bit earthy, maybe like moist soil, you got flourish somehow.

8. OP
    OP
    jennlovie

jennlovieNew MemberMember

im for sure taking it back... it smells like sulfur so im thinking its prime but i always shake the bottles and it sounded like rocks at first but when i opened it, it looks like black particles in the water.. so weird... i tried some in just a cup of water to see if i would make it murky or dark and it dissipated quickly but im still not chancing it... thanks everyone!

proof if anyone thinks im crazy... i felt like i was when i opened it!

Attached Files:

9. Swampgorilla

WOW!! LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice