Black Chin Livebearers Question

Discussion in 'Livebearers' started by SuperD14, Jul 20, 2019.

1. SuperD14

SuperD14Valued MemberMember

2. kallililly1973

kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Pics?

3. emeraldking

emeraldkingWell Known MemberMember

I've got them as well for years now. I use to keep the yellow belly version as well.
    But yes, some pics would be nice... :)

4. OP
    OP
    SuperD14

When I get home and get them in the tank I will post some pics, they’re not the yellow version. I also have two males.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Swimming with the rasboras, interesting. Hard to get good pics they’re so fast. When they’ve settled in u will try again for better photos.

The other inhabitants

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2019
  5. emeraldking

I know that you meant that you've got the black belly. But what I meant was that I still have the black belly (what you call the black chin livebearer) but that I've kept the yellow belly version as well in the past. :)

6. OP
    OP
    SuperD14

Yes I’m aware, I didn’t explain it well. What I meant to say is that she have the plain black chin variation and Not the black chins with a golden stomach.

7. emeraldking

Officially there are three variations. The real plain ones (neither black or yellow markings), the black belly and the yellow belly versions. The one that have a combination of black and yellow occured after crossing a yellow and black belly together. So, if yellow occurs in a batch of black bellies, one can say for certain that a one of the parents isn't a pure black belly genotypically. If this happens to yellow ones having some black belly offspring, one of the parents is also genotypically black belly. The ones with the black nose is a mutation that have occured for many years ago. So, you're also gonna see a lot of those. :)

They're not the most colorful fish there are but they are interesting fish to keep. Hope they'll do well and have fun with those fish.. :emoji_thumbsup:

8. OP
    OP
    SuperD14

Thank you for all of that information, the ones I picked up are the babies from a customer and all of the babies were plain no markings just the males had a black chin so I would assume they will not carry that yellow trait.