Black Angelfish Fins Look Ok? Question

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by Mick2409, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Mick2409New MemberMember

Hi everyone
    I got a black anglefish and just want to cheak if the fins look OK as I not sure

DSC_0011.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2019
  2. liliroseValued MemberMember

What problem do you think you see?

Is the white line down his analfin (bottom fin) a tear, or is it a marking? It's impossible to tell from the photo. His dorsal fin (top fin) and tail look a little rough, but again, it's hard to tell from the photo. In any case, torn fins as well as fin rot are easily cured with good care and excellent water parameters.

3. LynnwoodFishDadValued MemberMember

Is there anything else in the tank with your angel? Maybe someone is a bit of a nipper?

4. Mick2409New MemberMember

I only have anglefish 6 and a pelco

Not notices him getting nip but seen him nip others

5. liliroseValued MemberMember

Angelfish can have dominance issues which means they can attack each other.

However, you didn't say if he was like this when you got him, how long you have had him, and if things have changed recently. A clearer picture would also help.

6. Mick2409New MemberMember

It's markings just looked over him just looks rough with the marking lol

Had him for a week got him with a gold one gold one ok

7. liliroseValued MemberMember

Okay. Was he like this when you got him, or is this new?

You seem like a person who has trouble giving details. However, we need them in order to help.

8. Mick2409New MemberMember

Sorry he was OK when I got him

9. liliroseValued MemberMember

It sounds like you either have another fish picking on him, or else your water quality is poor (in which case all your fish would be suffering). If it's another fish bothering him, you probably will need to move him to another tank (or take him back to where you got him if you don't have another tank).

However, he might be fine. The photo is blurry and from a bad angle, so it's really hard to tell what's going on here. Please try to take another photo that is straight from the side and not blurry.

10. Mick2409New MemberMember

Other fish ok water levels gd tying to get better pic of him
    And ty for help

1560888971968.jpg

Pics of other angles 1560889307143.jpg

11. liliroseValued MemberMember

His dorsal fin looks slightly damaged for sure, but I can't see it very clearly. I apologise that I keep complaining about your photos, but in the new one it's still hard to see because he's near the black filter. I know it's very hard to take photos of fish, especially when all you have is a phone camera.

My experience with Angelfish is that, if you have several, they are likely to pick on the one who is different. If there's one that's smaller or a different colour, they won't always live peacefully. Watch them very closely and make sure they're getting along. If they aren't, then you will need to remove the one that's getting picked on.

12. Mick2409New MemberMember

Ok tx lilirose I been doing that today as I of work did see him attack a couple today must be happing at nite

13. fish 321Well Known MemberMember

I think the forum is still having problems with images. When the images do work they are very blurry. I posted some pictures I took of my new betta with my canon dslr camera on a thread I made and it made the images blurry when they are actually crystal clear.

14. Mick2409New MemberMember

Ok ty fish

15. fish 321Well Known MemberMember

As for your angel fish, I have a pair that would occasionaly attack each other only at night but once they paired up it stoped.