Biz's BN pleco breeding journal! Yellow blue eyes?! | Page 82

1. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

Tiny is gorgeous! If reaching 3" you'll be able to tell if boy or girl soon!!

2. KingD Well Known Member Member

Thank you! And yes I know! I'm hoping I can tell soon. I would have thought to see some type of bristles by now maybe and I haven't, so Tiny might just be a girl, let's see though

3. Junne Fishlore Legend Member

Awww I miss you too!!!! I am working more now so I haven't been on much................:)

I just thinned out the moss - got about 3 handfuls in the main tank - I have been giving away most of my RCS - I think after almost 3 years, the inbreeding can't be good, right? Still breeding like crazy but I noticed the babies are smaller and smaller compared to about a year ago. I think I am going to get rid of the rest and start some Blue shrimp ;)

4. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

@KingD. Welcome. Either way Tiny is beautiful! . I can't wait until I find out about mine!

@Junne. You are back!! . Blue shrimp are pretty as well!

@bizaliz3. I forgot to ask, how oldish is Stucky? Do you remember?

And here are a couple of pics of Stucky the Pleco

498ae691b15f2e61f05eaf1dbefc9d34.jpg

f745c239039ad3ad1bb90e627cf62d91.jpg

5. KingD Well Known Member Member

@jenmur thank you! You and I are in the same boat haha

6. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

Tiny is older though and you are much closer to finding out gender!

7. KingD Well Known Member Member

I'm so anxious to find out what gender Tiny is lol. I'm hoping male just so I can have the beautiful yellow bristles in my display tank.

8. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

You'll find out soon!! Hopefully! Heheh. I'm fine either way. I know I kept saying "he" but Stucky is a mix up of Steve and Bucky (Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes- Marvel)

9. tfreema Well Known Member Member

That's funny. I am hoping Bej is female because I love how my albino bn girls look. I have a common brown male (in a separate tank - no breeding) and his bristles are wild, lol.

10. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

Do you remember at what age his bristles fully came in? I'm patiently waiting for Falkor's bristles to get wild but for months now all he's got is stubble that isn't getting longer.

11. KingD Well Known Member Member

I don't care what gender Tiny is, but if I could pick, I'd pick male lol :D Females still get some bristles so that's okay but I'm looking for a big bushy nose with long flowing fins for my 75

12. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

@tfreema. Hehe. They each are cute!

@KingD. Ah I see! Makes sense. So curious as to what Stucky is!!

13. tfreema Well Known Member Member

Sorry, I do not remember. He was my first bristlenose and I have had him about 4 years now.

14. Lchi87 Fishlore VIP Member

No worries, just thought I'd ask. :)

Now back to Biz ! Lol.

15. bizaliz3 Fishlore VIP Member

I think there is a good chance he is a girl at this point. But you've got more coming. You'll have a boy for sure!!!

@jenmur Stucky is about 5 months old.
    @KingD Tiny (and the others I sent last spring) is 9 months okd

16. KingD Well Known Member Member

Yea I would have thought I'd see some type of bristles forming at this point. I'm excited for my new babies coming in! Are the new ones I'm getting and Tiny from the same parents?

Aww my little Tiny isn't even a year old yet lol. What would their birthday be considered, the day the eggs were laid or the day they hatched?

17. bizaliz3 Fishlore VIP Member

Tiny hatched December 10th 2016. :)
    The New ones you are getting do have The same parents, but they were born About 5 months ago with Stucky. I don't know what their actual hatching day is....Tiny was In my very 1st batch of yellows so I obviously kept a much closer eye and took a lot more pictures. Lol I get a lot of my dates from my camera roll.

18. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

Ohh cool! Thank you for letting me know!! . So April birthday for Stucky. Same age as the kittens.

19. KingD Well Known Member Member

Now I know her/his hatchday! Okay so Tiny will be sibling with the new ones but Tiny is just 5 months older. I totally understand with the first batch lol. I'm going to keep track of all dates I can lol.

20. tfreema Well Known Member Member

I think I need to keep a log of at least when I get my fish. It is hard to remember so I know how old they are.
    Isn't Bej from the same batch as Tiny?