Biz's BN pleco breeding journal! Yellow blue eyes?! | Page 81

1. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

2. tfreema Well Known Member Member

Thanks! It is just so funny and such a neat idea to carve one and put in the tank. I am doing this in my big tank because my two girls and loaches in there all like their vegetables.
    Bej and my big boy in another tank don't eat as much so I will get slices out for them because it would just go bad and muck up the tank.

I wonder how long they can stay before the water is affected? She said the front of hers was eaten off by day 7 so she kept them in at least that long.

3. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

I have had large slices of squash with thicker skin in several tanks without issue, as long as the fish or snails are eating it as it softens you shouldn't have issue.

4. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

Oh good idea @tfreema. This October it will only be Stucky probably. I'll have to slice pieces off. Next year he can have a whole pumpkin

5. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

I got a couple shots of Ms. Yellow (can't call her Mr anymore lol), as well as a shot of one of the female yellows and the male which seems to put on size weekly.. The snail in front of Ms. Yellow is almost fully grown at 1.5 inches, and is also about 3-4 inches in front of the driftwood she is on.
    The orange laser cory in front of the male is just under an inch in size, he has broadened across the head quite a bit over the last couple weeks.
    20170917_100858.jpg 20170917_101026.jpeg 20170917_101036.jpeg 20170917_101101.jpeg

6. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

I got a couple shots of Ms. Yellow (can't call her Mr anymore lol), as well as a shot of one of the female yellows and the male which seems to put on size weekly.. The snail in front of Ms. Yellow is almost fully grown at 1.5 inches, and is also about 3-4 inches in front of the driftwood she is on.
    The orange laser cory in front of the male is just under an inch in size, he has broadened across the head quite a bit over the last couple weeks.
    View attachment 356103View attachment 356104View attachment 356105View attachment 356106

7. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

Beautiful!!

8. tfreema Well Known Member Member

Yours are the lighter yellow like Bej. Absolutely gorgeous. I just love the long flowing fins.

9. Mcasella Well Known Member Member

The male seems to be a super long fin, his fins are almost the length of his body. They don't like the bright light, they do look nicer under natural light but they are a hazard to catch in the tank without scaring everything or knocking everything apart.

10. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

Stucky seems ok being out and about during the day. Just doesn't care of pictures. Jerk! Of course he comes by this honestly with her name.

11. ErinO Member Member

Update on my bizaliz plecos (no pics; they aren't cooperating at the moment): Well, Pledge and Graham are doing fantastic. Pledge has started to get his bristles and his color is AMAZING! Such a bright, vibrant yellow. One of his favorite past times is terrorizing Graham. Does that mean that Graham's a male too? (S)he's not showing any bristles, so I'm guessing female, but I didn't think a male would be that pushy with a female. Anyway, we lost Bananas a few weeks ago, and I can't really figure out why. The water quality is good and she had plenty to eat. I'm at a loss. I'm going to give the 75g a few more weeks to make sure nobody else has any issues and then I'll probably move Graham over from the 125g. We'll see.

12. bizaliz3 Fishlore VIP Member

Awww I'm sorry about Bananas!! Were either of the other two picking on him?

I'm glad the other two are thriving! Photos please!!

13. ErinO Member Member

She was in the 75g on her own. She had 4 angels and a bunch of khulis, but no other plecos. And I never saw her get picked on by any of her tank mates. She did a pretty good job of hiding. I did notice that she wasn't growing as much as the 2 in the 125g. She was still pretty close to the size that she was when I got her. I looked through your thread again and saw that you had added more protein to your pleco babies diets, so I tried shrimp wafers and frozen blood worms & brine shrimp along with algae wafers and blanched veggies. I could never find fresh veggies that she liked and she would pretty much ignore everything else. Except the flakes. I never understood that.

I'll keep trying to get pics of Graham and Pledge. I swear, those two know when I'm trying to get their pics. If I'm just looking at them, they're right out in the open. As soon as they know I'm going for a picture they disappear. Its like magic! Lol

14. jenmur Fishlore VIP Member

@ErinO. Sorry to hear about Bananas . Glad Pledge and Graham are good

15. bizaliz3 Fishlore VIP Member

So true! I think they are afraid of the camera/phone. Mine will let me stare at them up close...but as soon as I start raising my arms with the camera, they scurry away!! I've gotta be super sneaky for some of the pics I get.
    Most of my best pics are when they are engrossed in eating their veggies and become oblivious to my presence.

16. Soocold Well Known Member Member

I had a pair of females that would get territorial.

17. KingD Well Known Member Member

Tiny stayed still long enough for me to snap a couple of pictures. He/she is at around 2.75 inches from end to end, probably closer to 3 inches now. He/she is just stunning! Definitely the most vibrant fish in the tank.
    IMG_7212.JPG IMG_7211.JPG

Look at those fins! So elegant
    IMG_7210.JPG

18. tfreema Well Known Member Member

Tiny is not so tiny anymore. Stunning!

19. bizaliz3 Fishlore VIP Member

Tiny looks excellent!! :) great photos @KingD !

20. KingD Well Known Member Member

I know! It's crazy how I don't really notice a grow change day by day but when comparing pictures you see the different! Thank you!

Thanks Biz! Means a lot coming from you :)