bitten

helen38

I bought some shrimp as a treat for my gsp. not sure if he ate them or just torn them to shreds. went to remove the body parts last night and whilst I was fishin them out the little bugger bit my arm lol. is this a puffer thing or have I just got a little sod who I'm gonna have to be extra vigilant with?

isis

Haha! I love it when they do that! My Pickle does that too. I suppose its more of a 'kiss'

helen38

kiss? lol, I jumped back abt 2 feet, it bloody hurt lol

isis

helen38 said:
Haha! yeah I know! and you can feel the tooth! They are strong little guys!

helen38

buggered if I'm puttin me arms in when he gets to 6 inches lol, il have a very long handled net, do they have just one large tooth or is it more beak?

isis

I think its just one that is more in a form of a 'beak' unless it's a few small teeth all fused together to form a sharp 'point' which they use to break open areas where food is, break a snail shell or any other shells off the food they want to eat.
I've had mine bite a chop stick I used in his tank to remove some shells... and when he gave it nip I could feel and hear the tooth hit and scrape on the chop stick! Petty strong tooth they have!

Mike19

helen38 said:
ouch, what size is the little puffer

helen38

he only inch and half lol, dread to think what it wouldve been like if fully grown

Mike19

haha, he must be a brave puffer at that size to bite you or kiss as isis says haha

helen38

my eddies a little he-man lol

dr.fluffanutter

Four teeth, 2 on top, 2 on bottom, and isis is right, they fuse together to form a beak

My boyfriend's been lucky so far, his little puffer hasn't bitten him yet - but not for lack of trying!

pinkfloydpuffer

One of mine will nip at my fingertip if I just barely put it in so he thinks it's food. But when my hand's in the tank they both go hide in 'the garage' lol

helen38

I had to lure him away from the front of the tank with frozen bloodworm while I quickly scooped the remains of the poor shrimp out

pinkfloydpuffer

Lol

Mine love hunting shrimps and gobble them up

helen38

dont think he ate much of them, just seamed to tear the poor buggers to shreds

pinkfloydpuffer

Well that stinks. Mine will eat anything I've fed them except peas and tubifex lol

helen38

ive got him some lovely snails for tomorrow, last time I put them in he just nudged them round the tank

pinkfloydpuffer

Yours seems to have forgotten he's a puffer lol

helen38

he fits in well in my house lol, ive got a cat that thinks its a dog

pinkfloydpuffer

Hahaha. My betta thinks he's a cory, so it's all good

MeGustaUnaPez926

I've got a gouramI that thinks its a cory! Fish are so funny...

sticky fish

It's ok...I've got a bird that thinks he's human.
Woody bit my dad the other day... I was getting something from the back room and I heard this yelp from over by the fish tank! I guess Woody got confused and hungry and thought my dad migh taste good >.<

isis

Lol!!!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom