Bit of advice

1. Diggly Well Known Member Member

As many of you know through the adventures of diggly :p

Me and my partner moved into our flat and I left the 125g tank behind to be looked after by my fellas parents.

The problem is I went back yday after only 3 days and the bottom of the tank was full of mouldy food so I grabbed my gravel vac and took it all out. The fish were at the top of the tank and I couldnt believe how bad things had gone after just 3 days so I told him not to feed them for 2 days and I took away the food just to be sure he didnt (he being my bfs dad).

I asked him why, especiallyas I had writted out instructions and he said he didnt think the fish were fat enough. I am sincerely thinking about selling off the tank and fish as unfortunatly it wont fit in our flat and I dont trust him :(.

What would you do?

2. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

haha wow! I've heard that many times in my house ;D IMO, I'd sell the tank and the fishies too. At least they'll probably be in better care than getting overfed.

3. Amanda Fishlore VIP Member

You can't move the tank with you?

4. Diggly Well Known Member Member

No there is simply not enough room in the flat :( I have measured up already and I love my fish, I would rather give them away than have them die even if it would break my heart.

5. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Maybe you could sell the tank and get several smaller ones to put the fish in them and bring them with you? :;dk

6. Diggly Well Known Member Member

there arent any great deals on tanks at the moment people are trying to get money for xmas so I could see if a lfs would give me credit for it maybe, I would get far more that way than if i sold it to someone.

7. Robin4 Member Member

Hi Diggly,

I'm so sorry you can't take the tank with you!!!!!!! I know it is heartbreaking but in the fishes best interest, I'd sell the tank (& them if you can't get smaller tanks). This would be a better thing to do rather than go to your bf's house and find them dead.... :(

Maybe your new year's resolution can be to buy another tank (on sale).... :)

Robin

8. Diggly Well Known Member Member

im buying a 55g tank for puffers already so cant really afford more. The other option is I turn my bfs old room into a fish room and go around and feed them myself.

9. Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

that may just work..