Bit Of Advice Needed Please!!!

smithymummy1

Reaction score
HI fairly new to dwarf GouramI we have a male & female over last few days the female (Brenda)has started hounding the male (big bad Bob )he has started to hide out of the way and has gone a bit quiet compared to normal,
We watched them just now and she goes hunting for him pushing him out of his hiding place any advice please ???
Is she trying to get a bit frisky and he not interested or she just being a bit of bully and him bit of softy.
Thanks in advance.

RedLoredAmazon

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi! Welcome to Fishlore!

Are you able to post pictures of the dwarf gourami? You might have two males instead of a male and a female. Female dwarf gouramI are really difficult to find since most places don't sell them.

OP
smithymummy1

smithymummy1

Reaction score
sorry not best piccys they gone camera shy typical were told the striped one is male Bob and sliver one female Brenda

RedLoredAmazon

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
The picture of the silver one is a bit fuzzy. But it does look like the dorsal fin on that one is rounded not pointed like the striped one. If so, then you are pretty lucky having a male and a female!

As for the aggression, you could add more plants/hiding spots for the fish. Sometimes a fishy time-out is needed for the aggressor.

RedLoredAmazon

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
DoubleDutch said:
This is the other way around. Could you place aan another pic of Bob? There must be something wrong with him.
Did I mess up the sexing? ops: I figured I would get them confused somehow since my brain is tired from having a fussy baby in the house!

smithymummy1 DoubleDutch is really helpful and should be able to get you more advice than I can about your gourami!

bettabo1

Reaction score
Maybe try blacking out the tank for a day with a blanket. He might be stressed from his new lady friend.

New Threads