Birthday Babies

1. Airth Member Member

I admit I've caught the betta bug. So for my birthday today I decided to start a beta sorority after seeing the gorgeous girls that Yisel Perez had. Picked up 6 pretty baby girls who are currently exploring their new 29 gallon home. Everyone seems happy and no aggression issues so far. Lots of plants, some tubes, a driftwood cave, and 3 tier stackable cichlid breeder.

The pet store also finally had some healthy looking bolivian rams on sale. Picked out what I'm hoping will be a breeding pair. Very happy with everyone so far. =D Been wanting to try a sorority for a while now but was too nervous. lol

2. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Where are the photos??? I want to see them! Hehe, I'm glad you have been able to do this, I was thinking about doing it, but I believe I'll breed a fish instead. Where did you get them from? Just curious, babies will grow fast and will look completely different once they are adults.:)

3. Airth Member Member

Haha I'll get pictures when I manage to find them all. ._. They're so small and good at hiding. I also don't have a very good camera.

I know they change colors as they get older which is partly why I wanted to get them as babies. I want to see how they change. =)

All 6 of these girls came from two different petcos. I spent a total of 4 hours picking them up as there aren't any petcos near me but they're the only store that sells females and babies. lol

From what I can tell it looks like there's a mix of both veil tails and crown tails. I'll see about getting some pics in the next few days. =D

4. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Can't wait, and I forgot to say...
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

5. Airth Member Member

lol! Thank you. =D

6. MinhMai Member Member

Happy birthday!

7. Airth Member Member

Thank you. =)

8. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Coradee had a link one time, maybe they can share it with you?

9. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

10. Yisel Perez Member Member

oh nice!!!! happy birthday!!!! enjoy your girls!!!!
    ive moved on to friendlier fish now. i became a fancy goldfish junkie overnight lol.

11. Airth Member Member

Think I got them resized ok. First 2 are of the bolivians. If anyone can sex them that would be great. =)

I had to take my girls out of the tank and back into cups for this as they were being camera shy. They immediately paled up so their colors aren't at all vibrant like in the tank. They did color back up immediately after returning them. =)

First girl is deep purple and looks to be a combtail.

Second is red and green. Also thinking she's a combtail.

Third is a blue and red veiltail.

Fourth is a white cellophane veiltail.

Fifth is a sky blue crowntail.

And the last girl is a lavender crowntail.

The male is in my 10 gallon. He's a doubletail halfmoon cellophane . . . I think. lol Not at all an expert on bettas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]