her babies:-\

HELP ME

Last edited:

bass master

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
When did you notice signs of pregnancy? It may have taken the male longer than you think to actually impregnate her. Ive had livebearer females take months to become pregnant even though the male was very... persistant with them. If shes been bloated for a long time it could be from something other than pregnancy, a picture could be helpful

bass master

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I cant really tell by the picture but the outline kinda reminds me more of a platy than of a molly? Idk though, the picture is pretty blurry and its hard to tell anything from it. Also your aquarium profile says you have .5 nitrite and 80 nitrates. To be blunt, these levels are horribly toxic to your fish and could definitely keep your fish from dropping her fry. Nitrites should be at 0 all the time and really any amount of nitrite can even be fatal to fish. Nitrate is less toxic but at levels over 20 it begins to be a problem, 80 is way too high. Your profile says you do not know about the nitrogen cycle (click the underlined words), a good understanding of the nitrogen cycle is crucial to keeping a healthy aquarium so you should probably read up on that. Your profile also says you do not use a water conditioner, this is also a very important step to adding water to your aquarium. Tap water contains chlorine and chloramine which to a fish can be fatal to fish as chlorine or mustard gas is to humans and so it is important to detox these chemicals with a good water conditioner. Also 10g is pretty small for mollies, what other fish are you keeping with the mollies. Also how often do you change your water?

OP
NAC1999

NAC1999

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
How can I fix it?x She is not a platy. That info is not corect. I just did not edit it. YET!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 63 65.6%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 18 18.8%

Top Bottom