Birth Symptoms??

gnatboy911

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I have been reading through and researching old posts in this forum and i haven't found an answer to my question yet...

I have a female guppy that is very pregnant, and has been for a while. this morning she started to seem very stressed, more rapid than normal gill movement, and swimming sort of on her side...kind of erratically.

are these symptoms of her getting ready to drop fry? or is she sick with some sort of illness?

i'm sorry but i havn't had time to check the water parameters yet... my temperature at the moment is 77 degrees

Thanks.

gnatboy911

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
thanks for the info...i should have added that all the other fish in the tank, including another female's fry seem to be doing just fine...so i'm hoping she is about to drop some fry!

thanks!

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
It's one of the great mysteries in life that people are always trying to predict: when will she give birth? I remember when I was pregnant, I kept wondering if any little change meant labor would start soon. I even looked for changes in my pets' behavior because it's said that pets can sense it somehow. But it's one of those things we'll never know.

-Lisa

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom