Bird Advice

Neighsalot
Hi,
I really want a bird however my parents are very concerned about the noise. Are there any birds you can recommend that are really quiet, don’t need an enormous cage and are still affectionate? I know most birds are generally loud but my parents won’t allow too much noise (filters and mice are fine though for some reason). I probably won’t be about to get a cage bigger than 80cm long (small flight cage?) but I will give the bird free flight around my room/house. Thanks!

JB92668
cockatails are good I have one and she is not load at all

Mary765
My budgie is only loud when she misses me, because we have a super tight bond. It's really easy to bond with a single budgie (and I can teach you how) and even when they do scream it's not very loud and easy to be stopped.

Furthermore, they are on the smaller side so you could keep them in a cage of 80cm by 80cm by 80cm

If you send more messages on threads then I can private message you and we can chat about budgies if you want!

Fanatic
It's true that birds are a noise consideration, and it wouldn't go well around my home.
My dog wouldn't care for the noise, and neither my mom.

The cockatoos are really loud birds when they decide to scream, but the little parakeets or budgies don't make but a small chirping sound.

Mary765
It's true that birds are a noise consideration, and it wouldn't go well around my home.
My dog wouldn't care for the noise, and neither my mom.

The cockatoos are really loud birds when they decide to scream, but the little parakeets or budgies don't make but a small chirping sound.

They can make a racket when they scream but it's not as bad as other birds. It's just a sharp series of "squabbling noises" is the best was I can describe it. Think of the noice of someone snapping at you in an argument then turn that into a bird noise and there you go

RedLoredAmazon
Parakeets are pretty quiet and great little birds. We had many when I was growing up. Maybe find a recording of a parakeet chirping/tweeting on youtube and see if it bothers anyone. I've only had one cockatiel and he was pretty....interesting. He spent most of his day being romantically involved with his perch. We rehomed him to a local breeder and she was pretty pleased with him and the babies he produced.

Zoomo
I have a Senagal parrot and although she can get loud, I can count how many times a day I hear her. Two maybe. And I just tell her shush, go night night, but they can get loud. I love my Java bird, but she has a pretty big cage.

Blitzar
I love conures, but they are pretty noisy, unless you train them otherwise. I'm looking into getting them, but I'd have to soundproof my room first!

Zoomo
I love conures, but they are pretty noisy, unless you train them otherwise. I'm looking into getting them, but I'd have to soundproof my room first!

I had one once but it bullied my Senagal and my dog pretty bad, so had to rehome him. He was beautiful and spoke clearly, much clearer than my Senegal, but my Senagal is my love so she comes first. He was loud too. He used to say "Who is it?" all the time to the phone, door bell, etc. It used to swoop off his cage and at the dog, a pug (no longer have puggy. He died of old age and now have a Basset Hound).

devin s.
Budgies are good.

Punkin
Try this website https://myrightbird.com/
I' m not getting a bird, but found it by accident and it was fun. From my answers, my best bird was a Lutino cockatiel.

FishGirl38
I have 4 parakeets and they are extremely loud. But that's what happens when you buy 4 of them. x.x. Zebra finches are tiny and don't really chirp or squawk as much as they peep...But you can't really handle them and I think they do better in small (semi-noisy) groups (of 2 or 3 I think).

SwankyThePirate
I have 4 parakeets and they are extremely loud. But that's what happens when you buy 4 of them. x.x. Zebra finches are tiny and don't really chirp or squawk as much as they peep...But you can't really handle them and I think they do better in small (semi-noisy) groups (of 2 or 3 I think).
Groups are okay but you would need a larger cage, they have a hierarchy so their would be a lot of feather picking I think, and if you have groups multiple nest boxes would be good cause they find there wifey and hubby and stick to them so mating pairs

I could be wrong.. this is what I have read

Similar Aquarium Threads

• BananaBean
  • Bird
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
  • gremlin
  • Bird
Replies
Views
Nealdesai