Biowheel Filters

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Skadunkadunk, Apr 19, 2006.

1. SkadunkadunkValued MemberMember

Has any1 ever used a biowheel filter in their tank, because I heard they are supposed to be good but I wasn't sure if I should buy 1.

2. Janmitch22Valued MemberMember

I have a biowheel that came with my five gallon.  I guess it's okay. It hasn't done anything bad....

3. GunnieWell Known MemberMember

Biowheels are supposed to be great added surface area for your bacteria. They do get clogged and need cleaning every once in awhile and sometimes parts need to be replaced. I have never used one, but rarely hear anything bad about them.

4. MarcWell Known MemberMember

They need MUCH more maintanence than say, an AquaClear, and I've noticed no difference in the two, except that my AquaClear keeps my tank cleaner than my BioWheel filter had.

5. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

I find it doesn't require much maintence, just once a month intake and impeller clean and your good, does a better job then my whisper filter does, would higly recommend it though Marc would recomment the aquaclear though I can't say anything about that since I have never had one and Mark and I both like different filters so it's up to you. Personally I think they both do a good job since my friend has an aquaclear and it keeps his water just as clean as my bio-wheel, I think it's a personal choice.

6. chickadeeFishlore VIPMember

I have 2 bio-wheels that are in my Eclipse tanks and I like them. I also have a Duetto for the tiny tank and I love it. If they made the Duetto or something on that order for the bigger tanks I would not hesitate to recommend them either. I like all my filters, but the key is still to do the water changes and tank maintenance. No filter takes the place of just common sense tank and water care.

Rose
    :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice