Biological Bacteria Enhancers

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for a product that will cycle my tank in 3-4 days. I just need to get it cycled fast, because I will be going to a fish store on Saturday, and I need this tank for quarantine. If someone could give me advice on a bottled bacteria, or a different method to getting it cycled fast that would be much appreciated.
I also have an Internal filter running in my established tank, so that will hopefully help, but I want something else to make sure. Thanks for all help in advance!

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
There are no bottled products that will cycle a tank in 3-4 days. Cycling will take at least a few weeks if you don't use seeded media. Depending on the amount of seeded media and the amount of fish you're adding to the QT, you can instantly cycle it with seeded media from one of your cycled tanks.

For a QT, I don't always cycle the tank ahead of time or use seeded media - sometimes I just do daily water changes to protect the fish.

Keith83

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I used tetra safe start. It will add amonia eating bacteria to kind if jump start the cycle. Thanks to people here I started testing my water and doing water changes as my nitrates were high. I dosed with prime and stability by seachem with the water changes. I started with 7 giant danios, added a rubbernose pleco a week later. A couple days latwr 6 Corys and a couple days later 3 Platys. It's been a month and 2 days since I placed in the danios with that safe start. I haven't lost a single fish and my tank is now fully cycled. 0 amonia, 0 nitrite and between 10 and 20 nitrate. So it can work but you have to stay on top if it.

GuppyGuy007

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm glad to hear that. I think I will try that. What should I change per day if it is a ten gallon tank with about 10ish small tetras/Rasboras in it? I could also feed every other day to reduce ammonia buildup.

Hunter1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Or you could follow the directions on the TetraSafeStart website and add fish and TetraSafeStart at least 24 hours after using a declorinator. Then do nothing (no tests and no water changes) for 14 days.

One of the moderators on here wrote a lengthy article on TetraSafeStart.

Worked for me after I started a fishless cycle for a few weeks and got impatient.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom