Biodigest

1. tommywantfishy

tommywantfishy Well Known Member Member

Cheap stuff....ha. nope. I will be reviewing this product. I have 3 boxes. About 20+ per on Amazon I think. b6e4d6bb5a922bb13bf49fce10a7fc1c.jpg

2. N

NightShade Well Known Member Member

I've been curious about this stuff... seen it available in a lot of online stores.. subscribing!! :)

3. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

Will def keep yall posted. @KeeperOfASilentWorld made the recommendation.

4. KeeperOfASilentWorld

KeeperOfASilentWorld Well Known Member Member

Live bacteria in an active state!

The best bacterial starter out there. I use it in combination with Seachem Stability and Seachem Pristine for the variety of bacterias they each provide but for cycling Prodibio Biodigest with its live bacterial delivery system is the way to go!

No matter the tank size, use one vial every 24 hours until you reach a full cycle. After full cycle is reached use one vial with every water change.

You can combine it with a double dose of Stability every 24 hours until you reach a full cycle. After full cycle double dose of Stability with every water change. Double dose of Pristine only on the first two days of cycling and then with every weekly water change.

Happy Cycling To All :)

5. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

Pristine is my jam bro!

6. N

Just got some Pristine myself... I have soft/low Ph water, so I thought it would be good! Great to hear feedback on it as well!! Thanks y'all! :)

7. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

So...could we go as far to say that this is TSS+'s big bad brother? In a good way?

8. KeeperOfASilentWorld

Keep in mind that Pristine wouldn't do much for the cycle. It is mostly made of waste managing bacterias. Which are equally necessary bacterias.

9. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

Biodigest is what I was referring to.

10. KeeperOfASilentWorld

If TSS+ is a very successful commercial product, this is it's laboratory form :) :)

11. NavigatorBlack

NavigatorBlack Fishlore VIP Member

If you are running the tank reasonably well, why would you add a bacterial starter with every water change? It seems like either an unnecessary expense, serious overstocking or a problem in filtration management.
    Or I guess, if you have awful tapwater that comes in with ammonia, it might make sense. What's the story?

12. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

5ba13ad8a858c948cb364c50794db5f2.jpg

13. KeeperOfASilentWorld

No story :) Everybody and every fish keeper has their own ways. This is not necessary for a regular fish tank but wouldn't hurt if you dosed. This is just a helpful method for high tech, high maintenance aquascapes. Btw adding bacteria is not related to your stocking levels and this technique wouldn't help one bit for ammonia coming from your tap. Bacterial action in a heavily planted carefully scaped aquascape goes a long way then just your stocking and NH4.

14. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

So. This is for those of us that attempt Everest or K-2. Im dying at basecamp 1 now broham.

15. KeeperOfASilentWorld

Hang in there brother. I have gathered the Sherpa's. We're on our way :)

16. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

Boom my man!!! Get me off this Oyiashi!!!

17. KeeperOfASilentWorld

:)

18. michaelh

michaelh Valued Member Member

So is pristine a good product, or it creates hydrogen sulfide, like many of these kind?

19. N

How's it going?

20. OP
    OP
    tommywantfishy

I am about to start using. Had to replant. More plants en route. Got a 15% discount for my review at buceplant.com
    0ca75aa0513ff39c8980c806d2e6fa69.jpg
    7e601ad925683d1230d67f6aecf55241.jpg