Bio Wheel wont move at all

smokeypea

Hi, can anyone help? I have apenguin 150 bio wheel power filter, the bio wheel will not move at all on its own, I even tried a new one to see if that would work, but that won't move either,, I rasied and lowered the water level, I cleaned the bearings on the wheel and the slots it goes into, when I raise the filter cartidge it will spin then, but where ever I put the cartridge it sdoesn't make any difference, there are no blockages and I cleaned the impeller, the rest of power filter does work, I made sure the immellor was seated in the correct place, this is driving me nuts, its only a couple of weeks old cos my other filter stopped working completely, not having much luck at all, worried about my fish , Please any advice??? thanks.

Boxermom

I find it takes me about 20 minutes of jiggling everything to get mine going again.

smokeypea

lol, I have jiggled everything I can possibley think of and it still won't work > :'(

Boxermom

Make sure the impeller is really well seated, and the blue filter thingie is, too. I've found that raising my water level as high as possible helps. But yeah, its frustrating and makes me insane.

smokeypea

I cheched the filter cartridge and its ok, I moved it about to see if the wheel would move but it made no difference, I have mad ethe water higher and lower and stil it WONT MOVE, this is getting me soooooo mad, willcheck the impeller again now, can't think of anything else to do , maybe I should take it back to store? I tried to phone Marineland this afternoon but they had closed for the day :

smokeypea

YIPPEEEEE its working, lol, I took the whole thing apart again, and it shoved a brush up the tube that's got a bend in it, don't know what its called, but oh goodness the muck that was stuck inside was revolting, I had cleaned it out but didnt go right up and around the tube, but its running great now, didnt realise that would make so much difference, but thanks for your advice Boxermum, oh and I got a new 46 gall tank today cos its my birthday tomorrow so my fishes will have a bigger home to play in.

Boxermom

Cool, congrats! I have these to help clean the uptake tubes:

hopesmom

congrats! what are you putiing in your new tank? Happy Birthday!

Denise

smokeypea

Thanks for help, I am putting in some plateys, 2 gourmis, 2 algae eaters, an upside down cat fish and a pictus. In my other tank which is bigger I had a baby oscar, he is so cool, but man does he mess a lot, a rea poop machine lol, he tries to beg for food all day but I don't feed him too much, been outside catching crickets and grasshoppers YUCKKKKK , but he loves them, I keep the tank very clean though and the filter. He even lets me stroke him, and he plays with a ping pong ball. I love all my fish, and this is a great site when I need help( which is often )

hopesmom

plays with a ping pong ball??? that's hilarious!! must be neat..except for catching bug-treats
Denise

smokeypea

lol, my neighbours must think I am going loopy, (mad English woman living in usa) I go out with my fly swatter and little container, looking for crickets and stuff, I hATE them they jump around to much, but I love my Ozzie and he sure likes his bugs and grasshoppers, things we do for your fishy friends.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom