Bio Orbs!? Shrimp?

Doomheadthebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Would they be ok for shrimp? I found this one but doesn't have led lights for the biggest one.i don't know what mcr is. I think it looks really cool and when completely planted and and full it would make a nice home for the shrimp. But is it practical would they thrive in it? Or would a normal tank be better for them?

Attachments

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Bio orbs always seem a bit gimmicky to me, but shrimp are about the only thing I would consider putting in them due to their low bioload. MCR are multi colored remote LEDS, which essentially allow you to turn the orb into a discoball at the touch of a button.

Doomheadthebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Bio orbs always seem a bit gimmicky to me, but shrimp are about the only thing I would consider putting in them due to their low bioload. MCR are multi colored remote LEDS, which essentially allow you to turn the orb into a discoball at the touch of a button.
Oh maybe I'll just buy a normal tank for shrimp. I don't think the colored lights would keep plants alive lol might as well buy a small one that does come with the other lights and just use it as a water vase for plants which would be pretty

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have my shrimp in a big standard 29 gallon tank. Lots of room for naturalistic decor and plants. The shrimp love it.

Doomheadthebetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have my shrimp in a big standard 29 gallon tank. Lots of room for naturalistic decor and plants. The shrimp love it.
That sounds so pretty but I'd have to wait until I move out because my parents will complain about me having a giant tank with only shrimp lol my dad thinks it's weird that I keep my betta in a 10 gallon all for himself, and eventually a snail

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom