Bio media question really need the inow

Kholenewfish

Question need to know if I can leave the media in the tank o have the bottom part of a Conner filter and I removed the filter because the bubbles where not letting my betta swim well this is what I mean

Attachments

• IMG_20220119_201552.jpg
    IMG_20220119_201552.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 11

StarGirl

Welcome to Fishlore! :)

Do you mean just leave the filter cartridge in the bottom? With no other filter?

Kholenewfish

I have a filter up top
Should I remove it

StarGirl

Do you have a better picture of what you mean?

Prevail

I'm a little bit confused on what you're asking, was the flow too high for your betta so you turned the filter off and the media is just sitting in the tank now? If so, I think the beneficial bacteria should be fine, but you should get a filter for your tank if you don't have one. I recommend any sponge filter; aquarium co-op has a great one on their website.

Kholenewfish

The bottom part this was creating so many bubbles on the top of the water I many to may.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119-224620.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119-224620.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 4

Prevail

Unless you have a super powerful air pump, that should not affect hinder a betta's ability to swim. Do you know what model your air pump is?

Kholenewfish

I'm a little bit confused on what you're asking, was the flow too high for your betta so you turned the filter off and the media is just sitting in the tank now? If so, I think the beneficial bacteria should be fine, but you should get a filter for your tank if you don't have one. I recommend any sponge filter; aquarium co-op has a great one on their website.
I have the filter the tank came with I had put the corner filter before I planted my tank and now I need to know if I should just remove the entire filter or if I can leave the section with the bio media in the tank

Prevail

I have the filter the tank came with I had put the corner filter before I planted my tank and now I need to know if I should just remove the entire filter or if I can leave the section with the bio media in the tank
Could I see a picture of the whole tank please?

Kholenewfish

It is a 3.5 gallon top fin enchant i have anubias nana and nana petit and java Fern and made him a hoop with a flexible fern vine and root tree also in there it is his personal jungle

IMG_20220119_230847.jpg

Kholenewfish

Unless you have a super powerful air pump, that should not affect hinder a betta's ability to swim. Do you know what model your air pump is?

Screenshot_20220120-054950.jpg

Prevail

That shouldn't affect your betta. To answer your original question, you can keep the biomedia in if you want
edit: after a month or so, there should be enough beneficial bacteria in your filtewer sponge yopu can remove the bio media and have just as much filtration

Kholenewfish

Thank you I shall do that
That shouldn't affect your betta. To answer your original question, you can keep the biomedia in if you want
edit: after a month or so, there should be enough beneficial bacteria in your filtewer sponge yopu can remove the bio media and have just as much filtration
Thanks

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Robinn
Replies
Views
Repolie
Replies
Views
Molly200125
Replies