Bio extract????

Karl R

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok I'm reading my bottle of tetra dechlorinator and see words like bio extract and bio polymers. What in blue bloody blazes is a bio extract? And what the devil is a bio polymer?what are they extracting from? And why does tetra put these things in there without an explaination as to what they are? Are these things just propriatery ingredients?

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They can't tell you what is in there. Then you would make it yourself for a tenth of the cost!
I don't suppose you have ever read the packaging on any cosmetic items. The more expensive they are the more gobbledegook they have on the label.

Karl R

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
no no imteyin to know as little as possible about cosmetics. Never tookbthe time to read makeup. LOL.

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Karl.
First - Fishlore rule #2 - no swearing/profanity. Whilst we may not see it as swearing, we have a number of young members whose 'ears' may be sensitive. Even to the b word you used. Can I suggest you edit your post... (before a mod does )

Second (to your question)- some of what is put on labels is marketing propaganda. The ingredients themselves will be proprietary, and if you think Tetra is bad, try asking Seachem what they put in there stuff

I would suggest that coming from Tetra, the product is more than safe. I would try googling the specific terms and see what comes up. I know what they are but can't really explain it well.

Karl R

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I misspelled a few words however I am not sure which b word you are talking about. Please reread my post .

ryanr

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Karl R said:
What in blue bloody blazes is a bio extract? And what the devil is a bio polymer?what are they extracting from? And why does tetra put these things in there without an explaination as to what they are? Are these things just propriatery ingredients?
I have highlighted the questionable word

jetajockey

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Back to the topic.

This is from their site

BioExtract formula contains seaweed extracts (natural biopolymers), which support the development of beneficial filter bacteria for healthy and clear water. The added ingredients help to reduce aquarium pollution by strengthening the bacterial bed. As always, Tetra’s AquaSafe® water conditioner makes tap water safe for fish.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads