Bio Bubble?

1. Jahnikar Member Member

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Why is there a snake with that Chameleon o_O

LOL

They're pretty neat looking. Not good for fish or small rodents, but pretty neat :)

3. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

I "love" the two angelfish and goldfish in the half dome that looks smaller than 5 gallons. o_O

4. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

And the like 7 Clown Fish and Dwarf Flame Angel, oh and the two Sweet Lips. Yeah.....

Other than that, it is a cool idea. I was just wondering if you could use the column part as an aquarium, with a little rigging. >=3

5. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Oh geez! Didn't even see those!! I really hate that sweet lips are sold as aquarium fish. Soooo misleading! They get huge and ugly! lol

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, it was in one of the videos *facepalm*

Sweet Lips get ugly? Really?? :O

I kinda want one of these things as a terrarium, but I'm not about to pay that much for one LOL

7. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

8. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

9. Echostatic Well Known Member Member

It's gonna be way too small for most creatures. It could work for insects and some other inverts, I suppose. Maybe some small reptiles. Not really sure how big the thing is.

10. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

When it's in aquarium mode, it doesn't look to be more than five gallons at the most.

11. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

You could do like frogs, or small tree snakes and stuff. Provided the snakes could get out to stretch every day.

12. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

It's gotta be one of the coolest concepts I've seen, but unfortunately no good for most common species of fish that are kept.

Maybe some shrimp and low-light plants - although with the way the expanding wall works, might trap shrimp in it.

One thing is for sure, evaporation would be next to zero ;)

There are so many issues I have with it, that it's not worth starting the list.

And the 'perfect for FW or SW' claim - I most certainly don't think so - the lighting would be inadequate for most corals, and the tank too small for most species (esp clowns).

I think we all know the problems/issues with this size of tank - the concept itself though, very cool.

And the APA approves it ???

13. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

though, I don't even know if plants could work because there would be practically no gas exchange at all...

14. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Ahh, but they include an air line, for aeration and the cool visual effect. lol <insert sarcastic smirk>

Oh I've got it, maybe we could put plastic gravel, plastic plants and plastic fish in there!

15. Jahnikar Member Member

Hehe I knew this would get you guys talking. I did some digging on the website and apparently it's the equivalent to a 3 gallon tank. The concept is kinda cool but definitely not practical. I was especially thrilled with the misleading pictures of what fish could be put in it >.< And for that price, I'm definitely gonna get something bigger than a 3 gallon!

16. DPM Initiate Member

good idea
    if you baught the reptile one you could put a plastic snake in it :)