BillyBob you are gone but will never be forgotton

MissingBillyBob

We were so devastated that our beautiful & vibrant blue BillyBob Betta died this week. I fed him as normal in the afternoon, he seemed a bit sleepy, but not too off. Then a few hours later, dh came into the room, & looked at him, & said he is dead. I don't know why. we had him 20 months. When I saw him at the pet store, I was so upset, he was in the smallest container I have ever seen, it was like a shot glass, & he could not move. I wanted to bring him home, but hubby resisted, said we need to wait a few months till we have the money to get him a 5 gallon tank. I said if we wait that long he will be dead. We can house him in the 2.5 gallon tank( that we had) for 2 months & then put him in the 5 gallon one. So that is what we did. We went back to get him. & when we put him in his new tank, he was swimming & swimming, so happy to have some room to move. He had such a cute baby face too. But he grew out of his baby face & became a handsome fish, swimming to the top of the tank, anytime one of us walked by, in the hope of getting a food treat He loved to lie on leaves to sleep, or hide in his pineapple cave, which we buried him in.
You are missed, beautiful blue Billybob. RIP.

BornThisWayBettas

I'm so, so sorry for your loss darling. :console: It's always hard to lose a fish, especially a betta. R.I.P. dear BillyBob.

Welcome to Fish Lore, btw. It's good to have you here.

MissingBillyBob

Thank you. We have one more Betta who is older but is a tough betta, loves to strut around his tank But I had no idea loosing a fish was so hard.

BornThisWayBettas

Yes, it's harder than we expect. Glad you still have one more betta to keep you company though.

TikiBird

Welcome to Fishlore, MissingBillyBob. Very sorry for your loss. You gave him a good life.

LiterallyHydro

Rip

Anders247

Welcome to fishlore!
Sorry for your loss.

Bijou88

I'm sorry for your loss It sounds like he had a good life with you.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
betta06
  • Question
Replies
Views
Strider1520
  • Question