Bigger Or Smaller?

Brenden

Valued Member
Reaction score
So I have kind of a weird question.

When going to a pet store to purchase a fish, do you go for the younger looking fish, or do you go for the larger full-grown fish?

What is your opinions?

Fredricko

Reaction score

When going to a pet store to purchase a fish, do you go for the younger looking fish, or do you go for the larger full-grown fish?

What is your opinions?
Usually, I would go for a younger fish, however, that being said make sure they are healthy looking too (full stomachs swimming healthily). Some fish species thorough you will want to get more mature specimens for reasons known to that particular species, a little bit of research should tell you.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

What is your opinions?
It depends. Generally I like to get younger fish as I like to have them for quite some time. As well as that I like to see the fish develop. It was great to watch my pearl gourami grow for instance. I also chose younger harlequin rasbora rather than the older ones that I could have bought. I prefer to know around about how old my fish are rather than wondering whether they'll live for very long at all.

When sex matters though I like to get them a bit older so that I can tell which is which. My bolvians were at sexing age but they also had growing to do - I definitely preferred that to buying them already fully grown. As well as that when I eventually get larger fish I may have to get some of them already grown to ensure they don't get eaten.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom