Bigger Litterbox

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Poor bunny Goliath She's gotten so big, she can't use her litterbox without flipping it over.

I'm now on the hunt for a huge litterbox that's low to the ground.

Anyone who's owned a large rabbit, please feel free to let me know where you've found them.;D

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning BB,

It sounds like you need one of those hard plastic baby pools. lol

I'd love to see a photo of Goliath if you have a recent one. When you have the time.

Have a good day today!
Ken

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Here she is! She's blocking the litterbox (she's a lady), but you can see she's bigger than it is.

The second pic, I had to share. That little nose was too cute not to get on film.

Attachments

lorabell

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hey BB!!!!!!!! lol.....the pool I dea is a good one!!!!! ..But for real my GF who breeds cats(she has way toooooooooooooooo many)....after trying all kinds of things......they went and got storage conatainers like u would put under the bed......they even have wheels on them so they can be slid around for easy cleaning.......theyre deep enough...but not toooooo tall.... and there is NO way she could flip it .I think it would be perfect !!!!!!

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Hey BB!!!!!!!! lol.....the pool I dea is a good one!!!!! ..But for real my GF who breeds cats(she has way toooooooooooooooo many)....after trying all kinds of things......they went and got storage conatainers like u would put under the bed......they even have wheels on them so they can be slid around for easy cleaning.......theyre deep enough...but not toooooo tall.... and there is NO way she could flip it .I think it would be perfect !!!!!!
I'm going to try that!

Thanks, Lori!

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
The storage container idea is a good one.
Depending on the height you want, look in different areas of a store. They make giant Tupperware made for carrying dozens of cupcakes. Gardening will have large, shallow, trays that are used for germinating seedlings (however, they likely have ridges in them which might catch bits of litter, making it difficult to clean). A hydroponics store would likely have exactly what you want, but that would be a bit expensive. Years ago, my wife got a container that was meant to hold a dozen or so rolls of wrapping paper side-by-side that would probably work really well, though it may be hard to find such a thing so close to summer.
Lastly, don't just look at the containers. Look at their lids, too. Some containers come with lids made to provide extra space. I've actually used an upside-down Rubbermaid lid as a litterbox when I took a stray in and didn't have enough boxes for my current cats and the new one (they were separated, of course).

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom