Big School Tank Mates for Angels

Caronsd

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on big school teammates for Angel Fish. Have a 120 Gallon aquarium fully cycled ready to and it's time to start adding some fish. I'm definitely doing a herum of Rams and 5 to 7 Angel's. Looking for a large group.of schooling fish to add to the crew. Cory's may be added eventually and definitely ottos once my tank grows in. Any thoughts???

I was thinking a large school of burned Aires tetras?

blennylover2323

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
You could get some pearl Gouramis in your tank say 5. These are great fish with angels because they will stand their ground and hang around the top of the tank so they won’t get in the angel’s way.

Nataku

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Do not mix gouramis and angelfish. They will fight. Gouramis aren't schooling fish anyhow.

If you'd like a larger schooler, consider congo tetras, diamond tetras, or various rainbowfish like australian, boesmani, red or turquoise.

JettsPapa

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Nataku said:
Do not mix gouramis and angelfish. They will fight. Gouramis aren't schooling fish anyhow.

If you'd like a larger schooler, consider congo tetras, diamond tetras, or various rainbowfish like australian, boesmani, red or turquoise.
I have turquoise rainbowfish in my 65 with an angel and haven't seen any issues.

tuggerlake26

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've liked having black phantoms or emperor tetras with mine, mostly to play off of their black marbling. Just make sure the emperors are big enough, some LFS and the majority of online stores will send some really tiny baby fish.

Diamonds would also look great given the size of the tank.

New Threads