Big aquariums little fishes!

1. moontanman

moontanman New Member Member

My favorite type of aquarium is a big tank filled with small fishes. does anyone else do this?

2. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

What do you mean by a big tank? 20gal? 100gal? And by small fish do you mean .5 inches? Or 2 inches?

3. j

jpm995 Well Known Member Member

I had a 240 gal sw tank with pigmy angles, bi-color pseudos and other small fish. I like it because its the only way you can get a glimse of what the fish acts like in nature.

4. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Lol well I got a 60G, two 40g, and one 10g. I really wouldn't say I have small fish in these tanks, but also I do for RCS.

5. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

I do like that myself, because in general you can have bigger group of the smaller fish. I also like having one bigger fish for a centerpiece fish among the smaller fish.

Basically I like peaceful communities so for my 40 gallon breeder I will probably go with a pearl gourami for the centerpiece along with a couple schools of smaller fish.

6. Eddieholly77

Eddieholly77 Valued Member Member

It's way better than a small tank with big fish that's for sure

7. K

Kerina Valued Member Member

Thats also what I'm into. Also with a lot of plants and natural looking. At the moment for my hypothetical 40 g the biggest fishes I'm thinking of are german rams of dwarf guramis.