Big aquariums little fishes!

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by moontanman, Jul 3, 2016.

1. moontanman

moontanman New Member Member

My favorite type of aquarium is a big tank filled with small fishes. does anyone else do this?

2. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

What do you mean by a big tank? 20gal? 100gal? And by small fish do you mean .5 inches? Or 2 inches?

3. j

jpm995 Well Known Member Member

I had a 240 gal sw tank with pigmy angles, bi-color pseudos and other small fish. I like it because its the only way you can get a glimse of what the fish acts like in nature.

4. Sarah73

Sarah73 Fishlore VIP Member

Lol well I got a 60G, two 40g, and one 10g. I really wouldn't say I have small fish in these tanks, but also I do for RCS.

5. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

I do like that myself, because in general you can have bigger group of the smaller fish. I also like having one bigger fish for a centerpiece fish among the smaller fish.

Basically I like peaceful communities so for my 40 gallon breeder I will probably go with a pearl gourami for the centerpiece along with a couple schools of smaller fish.

6. Eddieholly77

Eddieholly77 Valued Member Member

It's way better than a small tank with big fish that's for sure

7. K

Kerina Valued Member Member

Thats also what I'm into. Also with a lot of plants and natural looking. At the moment for my hypothetical 40 g the biggest fishes I'm thinking of are german rams of dwarf guramis.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice